What is The C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System?
The C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System is best described as a police academy for civilians. The scenario-based training develops students both physically as well as mentally. Since 2003, the C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System has proven to be a powerful, eye-opening and rewarding experience for students.
Who is it for?
While the C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System is for all ages from the very young to the very old and for all levels of experience, the www.SelfDefenseCollege.com online & home study kit training is designed for those 18 years of age and older only.
It is for anyone who wants to learn BOTH the mental and the physical components of reality self-defense. It is for those who want to learn self-defense techniques that shut down verbal, empty hand, edged weapon and firearm attackers. And it is for those who want to learn how to avoid such confrontations to begin with.
Do I need any prior experience to learn this?
Absolutely not. Becoming safer is not just for those who can punch the hardest or kick the highest. We believe strongly that improving your security and the security of your loved ones should not be limited to those with prior martial arts or other self-defense experience.
What if I already have a martial arts background?
Great! Add to your knowledge: a) REALITY-BASED self-defense where you and the bad guy(s) do not play by a rule book, a referee or other constraints and b) the mental side of self-defense that most training neglects.
Why is C.O.B.R.A.™ different?
The short answer: this is a unique "Police Academy For Civilians."
- No Martial Protocol I.e. uniforms, bowing and so on. It follows an academy format that is similar to a police academy/training camp.
- Learn Physical Techniques Not Found In Sports-based Training: Learn physical offensive and defensive techniques that work in the Real world. This is not a sport. These are powerful techniques that are not limited by any rule book.
- Learn The Mental Side of Self-Defense That Others Ignore: Learn the mental side of self-defense that most training neglects outright.
- Everyone Can Do It: Everyone deserves to improve their security. C.O.B.R.A.™ teaches you things that you can use right away to protect yourself and your loved ones. Yes, with more practice you can always improve certain physical techniques - but C.O.B.R.A.™ focuses on the mental side you can master quickly and the physical techniques that you can put into practice right away.
- It Is Extremely Empowering: Students come away feeling they have had blinders on all these years and that they are now lifted.
What do C.O.B.R.A.™ students have to say about C.O.B.R.A.™?
How does the online certification work?
- Get immediate step-by-step online video (100+ videos) & text instruction.
- Study manuals, DVD and other printed material which are sent to you.
- Take online quizzes that test your command of what you have learned. Go at your own pace. You can re-study specific areas of the training and retake tests as you like.
- Once you have passed the testing, you will officially become an online C.O.B.R.A.™ Certified Grad! Your official C.O.B.R.A.™ Certification we send you will be yours.
- You will continue to have 24 hour access to online training material for 6 months from the date of purchase. The material sent to you will be yours.
What if I want live C.O.B.R.A.™ Training Facility training?
Great! There are C.O.B.R.A.™ Training Facilities around the nation and even internationally and they're growing all the time. You can do both the online and the live training! They are complimentary. The online training offers a hundred plus videos that allow you to learn at your own pace, revisit particular training material and generally gives you an incredible amount of control. Additionally, the live training offers live interaction with instructors and classmates.
It is very common for C.O.B.R.A.™ graduates to take the 10 Week C.O.B.R.A.™ Academy over and over again as there is always something new to learn and to improve.
Can I use this training to train other students?
We believe strongly that more people deserve to improve their safety and we love self-defense instructors who share this mission! That said, training others in self-defense is not something to be taken lightly. It MUST be done correctly.
This certification is a Student Certification and NOT an Instructor Certification.
What's exciting is that if you are looking to train others in self-defense we have one of the most comprehensive and value-packed Instructor Certification systems in the industry! Click here to visit our Instructor Certification site.